What We Do
We are the world’s most innovative solution provider for pipe rehabilitation and strengthening using fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) systems.
Features & Benefits.
Advantages of repair of pipes with FRP include:
- Most renewal are trenchless, requiring zero or minimal excavation
- Can increase the pressure rating of the pipe significantly
- Repairs can be done internally or externally
- Minimal increase in wall thickness (typically ¼ inch (5mm))
- The smooth FRP lining will improve flow capacity of the pipe for most cases
- Repairs are fast with minimal downtime
- Ideal for pipeline renewal and spot repairs at damaged areas
- We offer solutions for pipes essential any size and shape.
- QuakeWrap technical papers Out of Service No More! A Critical PCCP Repair with CFRP and Rehabilitation of Submerged Pipes with FRP Technology are available in ASCE library.
- QuakeWrap Wins $1 Million Federal Research Grant to Explore Gas and Oil Pipeline Repair.
- Our 16-ft ID StifPipe® is getting groomed to slipline a part of the 17.5 diameter OMIDDD interceptor in Detroit! This may break the world record as a whole piece of pipe (360) used for sliplining.
- Saving 95%! Repair of double box culverts under Interstate I-10 freeway in Phoenix, AZ. The repairs were completed in 3 months with zero disruption to traffic. The cost of repairs at $1.3M was about 5% of the estimated $25M replacement cost!
Structural Repair Innovators Using FRP Since 1994
QuakeWrap solutions represent an extraordinary improvement over traditional repair methods – they are exceptionally strong, versatile, lightweight, durable, and work equally well on concrete, masonry, steel, plastic (FRP) and timber.
QuakeWrap Inc. offers turnkey solutions that include structural engineering and evaluation services, tested FRP materials, and professional installation by an experienced, in-house company, FRP Construction. More information on QuakeWrap and FRP Construction can be found at www.QuakeWrap.com or at 520-791-7000.
QuakeWrap specializes in infrastructure rehabilitation with ﬁber reinforcement polymers (mainly carbon and glass ﬁber). We provide design, materials, training,
and installation for strengthening of pipelines and ﬂuid storage facilities (tanks).
We’re the original FRP company with the most innovative solutions with more than 20 patents. Here are some examples of our high profile rehabilitation projects
Our Clients Say
“Our installation of the QuakeWrap pipe (StifPipe®) went very smoothly. We were very pleased with it and hope to install more in the future.”
-Nick Marra. President, Marra Services, Inc, Cleveland, Ohio.
“Fixing the tunnel from the inside with QuakeWrap not only saves us money but is minimally invasive to our busy campus. We think it’s a green solution, too…”
-Peter Dourlein, Asisst. Vice President for Planning and Construction, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.
“FRP Construction entered the tunnel and successfully installed the FRP product per QuakeWrap’s design to restore the strength of the weakened area of the tunnel as well as a permanent water cutoff solution. QuakeWrap personnel were quick, efficient, and communicative, during the entire process and completed the repair in a timely manner. We are very pleased with the end result and their performance.”
– Joshua Zimmerman, Project Engineer, Brierley Associates, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
“Our client American Battle Monuments Commission and our firm are very pleased with the entire QuakeWrap experience. The product itself is an excellent way to rejuvenate aging structures, and the company was with us every step of the way. As a lead design professional, I will not hesitate to specify QuakeWrap again in the future.”
-Gary Kaye, President, Gary Kaye Design, Phoenix, Arizona
“QuakeWrap provided an innovative, multi-purpose FRP liner design that not only targeted the leak problems, but also provided additional structural strengthening to account for steel reinforcement loss due to future corrosion damage, as well as an efficient crack control system, which increased the life cycle of the penstock.”
-Walter Retana, Project Manager, Ghella Costa Rica.
Get a Free Quote
Contact a PipeMedic by QuakeWrap engineer today to find out how FRP composites can help you solve your leaky pipeline problems, larger conveyance woes, irrigation issues, and more.